Lost and Found in Bolivia

Chronicles of Rachel's Peace Corps service in Bolivia as an Agriculture Extension volunteer.  I hope not to get too lost during my 27 months, but I have a feeling I'm going to find some things.  Enjoy the stories!

Friday, February 1, 2008

Cochabamba Update

Wow!  Lots of hits on my counter...thanks for reading everyone!  I'm having a great time still, tomorrow we move in with the host families.  I am going to attempt to upload a picture here...to demonstrate how strong the sun is (I got a shot at 11:45 am, and wasn't in the sun more than 1 hour after that, yet I have a band-aid burn line).  Send me gummy sour candies, I ran out yesterday!  Actually the candy here isn't too bad, but I'm not getting enough fruits and vegetables...typically we eat a variety of carbs each meal.  Tonight I had some banana-milk smoothie thing (full fat milk, gotta get used to that) and some cooked veggies and rice.  Was excellent, but they actually forgot to make my food.  So when everyone else had finished, I had to communicate in spanish that i had not gotten my food....all was ok and i got a free pastry!  Hopefully I won't get sick...

In other news we got our spanish placements (tentatively), and it seems like i'm in the middle of everything, which is where I would have placed myself.  Lots of room to improve, but we're all supporting each other.

1 comment:

JSL said...

Soon you'll be posting in Spanish!

Hope you have a grand time at Carneval! We gringos will be eating pancakes...